Thursday, June 19, 2008

The One on Sex and the City

What better way to start Tube Thursday with the movie STB watched for 3 times in the cinema? Once with BWers, once with my fellow hairstylist and once with Mr Not-So-Big (body size-wise), I can almost replay every single scene in my head.

Tell you guys a not-so-secret, STB has never watched a single episode of Sex and the City series before, one of his exes was promoting the series to him but he was still green in the gay scene so  all he wanted then was just men, not some cunts who bitch about how bad their sex are.

So he had not much expectations at all when going into the cinema.

As soon as the movie starts, STB was trying so hard to keep himself from grooving to the catchy opening theme - Labels or Love by Fergie. He sat through the show laughing most of the time, digesting the themes half the time, and almost fight not to tear at one scene.

Laughing is because of the wickedly funny scripts, STB's top 10 favourite lines:
(SPOILERS ALERT! You might wanna skip if you still haven't catch it)
  1. "Color? Well I can't color enough. I would color all day...everyday if I had my way I'd use every crayon in the box" - Samantha
  2. "But I'll tell you this: When Big colors, he rarely stays inside the line." - Carrie
  3. "Sorry my dog ran up your dick... I mean, deck!" - Samantha
  4. "Jesus honey wax much? Charlotte is married but she's not growing a nature reserve. I could be on a death roll and not have that situation." - Samantha's triple play!
  5. "Am I not a little old to be called your boyfriend?" - Big
  6. "From now on you shall be called my manfriend." - Carrie
  7. "I guess when you stop trying, things happen" - Charlotte
  8. "In some household, fairy tales do come true" - Carrie
  9. "I'm 41 and I still don't know what's sex" - Miranda
  10. "Good guys screw ya, bad guys screw ya. And the rest of them dunno how to screw ya. Trust me I've done my homework" - Miranda with Samantha
The theme explored was obviously the cliched LOVE, with lots of designer brands at the background makes you think it's actually a fashion show with a storyline. It gives an alternative perspective of really how there's a second, third, fourth, countless chances in every situation, whether with the same person or not.

The tear jerker came with the scene when this song is playing, anyone with similar sentiments?


All in all, Sex and the City is THE gay movie on the year. Anyone who has watched it can't help but feel good and full of hope. Sotongball labels this movie as a Must-Watch for any chick-flick, romance lovers, or just about any gay man who do not wanna feel left out in group outings conversations.

Sex and the City is still showing in the cinemas, with limited time slots (1 per day). STB actually had to produce his ID when purchasing the tickets over the counter. Compliment or insult?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sex and the City seems to have a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

Buaya said...

The link is not working...